- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked noodles (whole wheat works well too)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook 2 minutes. Mix in zucchini, and cook 10 minutes, until some of the moisture has evaporated.
- Pour the milk into the skillet, and stir in cream cheese until melted. Mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve over the cooked pasta.
Best enjoyed with family and friends!
Check out our other Meatless Monday Recipes.