A wonderful new trend arising out of the pandemic is in lieu giving. After all, it’s been a while since getting together to celebrate a birthday or special occasion has been possible. Sure Zoom Group chats are fun with kids making silly faces and showing off their latest crayon creations. However, sharing a drink and making a toast just isn’t the same without the clinking glasses. Scrolling through countless overpriced items on Amazon is getting a bit old too. So it makes perfect sense that Honorary Donations and In Lieu Giving is becoming the in thing. After all, not only are you giving a gift to that special person, but you’re doing some much deserved good. And now more than ever, ‘good’ and extra help are needed.
What is an Honorary Donation?
An honorary donation is making a donation to honor someone you care about or respect highly.
Here’s what some of our donors have done. Made a donation to honor…
- a newborn in hopes he’ll grow up to love the Elephants too. (Andreas)
- in memory of a parent lost far too early in life who loved Wildlife. (Paige)
- a bench mark birthday of 96 to a lifelong environmentalist mother (Nancy)
- an exemplary mum who always gives to celebrate Mother’s Day (Kevin)
- or even sponsoring a beehive to honor a favorite pet (Libby)
What is In Lieu Giving?
In Lieu Giving is making a donation instead of giving a physical gift for an important life event or special occasion.
Here’s how some of our donors have used In Lieu Giving, to help…
- protect Elephants as a christening gift (Jennifer)
- the Bearded Vulture project because she couldn’t be there herself (Jeannine)
- save Lions, Rhino and Monkeys via a Facebook birthday campaign (several members of the Nikela community choose to do this.)
Thought of what you want to do yet? Whether you prefer making an Honorary Donation or get excited about In Lieu Giving we make it rather simple.
Click the DONATE button below and follow the easy steps. Or if you prefer set up that birthday or special occasion campaign on Facebook that’s okay too.
Either way, start celebrating the good things and good times right away. And, you’ll be helping people saving wildlife at the same time. The best win-win situation ever!